Test corrections SLIDES are due on Friday 3/15/19 at 3:20. For test click link below
Test retake Instructions: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WlVIryHNTaKf5X7GVg9-yH3EkHRnxL6G5zAYWEMJB8Q/edit#slide=id.g255a2e96cb_0_21
Weekend Homework Please click this link for the frq: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-isE-3iPiZ5RtpzfoqVyG6qQLIMvSBqEXWmgqIEwU4/edit
Friday 3/8/19: In class FRQ
Thursday 3/7/19: Test
Wednesday 3/6/19: https://create.kahoot.it/share/ch-9-ag-2019/24e6d80d-524f-4de4-bd09-d14d81d3d9be
MONDAY 3/4/19 and Tuesday 3/5/19: Homework!! https://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/feeding-9-billion/
Questions to answer: 1. What are the 5 steps to help feed the world
2. Which Step do you think will have the greatest impact and WHY? Explain your answer with 5-8 sentences
Monday 3/4/19: Women in agriculture links:
- Empowering women in agriculture Video Station 5:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_z5RUsIj3c
- Web station: http://www.fao.org/docrep/meeting/022/mb054e.pdf
Friday: 3/1/19: Students recreated the Von Thunen model and were given chapter 9 Study guide and cover sheet. Chapter 9 test will be Thursday, 3/7/19
Thursday: 2/28/19: Notes on Von Thunen: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1K596hkxDBC1gkCCztBMVhzvrQH31otvTZ5Ocoxp-bj8/edit#slide=id.g344fed1d6f_0_0
Wednesday: 2/27/19: Take notes on the top 12 Global Farmers Market Power Points https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q0r59JMWPTpXW_LiEa5h1UtAwD78o_XIt90u90eqtSI/edit
Tuesday: 2/26/19 Work on Global Farmers Market (In class) See instructions from Monday
Homework Next 10 vocab words and coloring map of agricultural regions (see instructions from Monday)
Monday: 2/25/19: Global Farmers Market (In Class) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gmLCTCqg1BVe_UDuXmUi5oqXmntDKh7nujKSn7tikoM/edit
- HW Next 10 Vocabulary words (20 words completed before class on Tuesday)
- Start working on coloring map of agricultural regions on page 316-317. Use the back of the map from the agricultural hearths.
- ALL VOCAB WILL BE COMPLETED BY FRIDAY…...
2/20/19: Survey chapter and work through vocabulary
2/21/19: Map major agricultural hearths (page 309) and complete the following questions below on a separate sheet of paper. Please write out the question and the answer. The answers can be found in the reading on page 310-311 in the textbook.
1. Purpose of farming Subsistence vs Commercial
2. % of farmers in labor force (and why) subsistence vs commercial
3. Use of machinery, science, and technology subsistence vs commercial
4. Farm size subsistence vs commercial
5. Relationship of farming to other businesses subsistence vs commercial
Please write out the question and the answer. The answers can be found in the reading on page 312-315 in the textbook. (Key Issue 2)
1. What is Grain?
2. On average, people consume___________calories/day
3. People in developed countries consume_________calories/day
4. In developing regions, people consume________ calories/day
5. _____________ is the region with the lowest calorie consumption at ____________calories/day
6. STOP AND THINK: Many restaurants now tell you how many calories are in their meals. Does this information influence your choice of meal? Why or why not?
7. Make sure to look at both maps on page 313
8. Where does protein come from in MDCs (developed countries)?
9. Where does protein come from in LDCs (developing countries)?